All original postings are copyright material of the author.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Empty Nest

I could never be alone with
silence.
There is always a noise
somewhere
outside
I hear leaves rustling from the
wind
and the sounds of cars
rushing
by, and if it is too
quiet, I will turn the tv on low -or
music and I don't really even pay attention to either.

I could never really be alone with
myself,
so I had babies,
one after another,
until I became too
old. And then I got a dog to try to fill the
hole
in my heart, that only those babies could fill.

Now, I live alone with a dog who
barks and
mundane
noises around me, and I
miss
desperately
the sound, feel, and smell of a baby.



2 comments:

  1. aww this was beautiful gf *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. See the way this is written it is an 'AWWWWWWWWWWWWW' and beautifully so. I'm sure we all feel such, as we become older.

    ReplyDelete