All original postings are copyright material of the author.

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 18, 2009

This may be...

Music saves me and drowns me, chosen music I

listen to again and again: My Beloved Wife, makes me cry,

as I wonder,

did someone steal my life?


I drink - just once in awhile

listen to sad or dark songs

and cry.

Fascinated by acorns falling,

Every fall.

I remember them,

Like the return of crickets in the spring.

I love clouds, I watch them pass by,


I feel something.


There is no sound of crickets in winter.


I said

today

I would not do another winter.

I swore I would not.


I’ve been praying for deliverance

To turn the night into day

I may know the words but not say them

This may be the time but I may waste it


with indifference.


If I am on my knees I am begging now…


If I am on my knees I am begging now…


If I am on my knees I am begging now…


I’d be praying for deliverance…


Listening to a song, I realize

I stole my life.

5 comments:

  1. Powerful and moving poem. Beautifully rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As "Spock' would say: Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, you. Very moving and I cry with your words written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this poem.

    "I would not do another winter.
    I swore I would not."

    ReplyDelete